- 2 (15oz) cans garbano beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp roasted peanut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt/pepper to taste
* For a healthier, non peanut version you can omit the peanut butter, and substitute olive for the peanut oil- it's equally tasty, but different.
Combine beans, oil, peanut butter, lime juice and zest, and garlic. *I use the potato masher to keep a great texture, but feel free to use a food processor* Stir in basil, pepper, salt, and pepper. Allow to chill for an hour or so, then serve and enjoy!