In 2018 Wind River Cancer Wellness Retreats provided multiple multi-day and single day Cancer Wellness Retreats, personal survivor-family getaways, peer cancer coaching, workshops, meet ups and end of life support through our Retreat and Outreach Programs:
Major retreat events this year included:
- 7 multi-day Cancer Wellness Retreats (on premise and at other locations)
- A special Colon Survivor Family Retreat Day
- An Advanced Wellness Survivor Retreat Day supporting survivors with an variety of types of cancer - lymphoma, leukemia, lung, pancreatic, ovarian, cervical, uterine, breast, colon, rectal.
- Hosted multiple Alumni Reunions and Survivor/Family Get-Away Retreats.
- In 2018 69% of our survivors were living with Stage III or Stage IV cancers.
- over 600+ hours of one-on-one Survivorship and Healthy Eating Coaching
- Sponsored quarterly workshops with Women's Pelvic Health Specialist Glenna Sears-Brinker
- Provided scholarships to survivors for Yoga for Trauma Recovery training
- Provided end-of-life support to alumni and their families
- and held numerous outreach meet-ups and survivor gatherings
Cheryl Lecroy, Mike Gentile (Tai Chi Mike), Shirley Ballantyne, Susan Harris, Becca Odom, Glenna Sears-Brinker, Michelle Wood, Greg Whitt, Chasse-Bailey-Dorton, Julie Lanford, Ambrosia Garcia, Barbara Van Sant, Angela Hopper, Terri Conneran, and of course our posse of Tom Sawyer Volunteers!!!