March - June Event Highlights
- Olde Meckenburg Brewery Nite - Charlotte, March 3
- Get Your Rear In Gear - Colon Cancer Survivor Race - Charlotte, March 4
- Tom Sawyer Volunteer Days - Saturday March 11 and 18
- Music Meet Up - Asheville, NC Mike Farris (Blues/Gospel) March 18
- SHIFT CHARLOTTE - Mind Body Wellness expo, Charlotte, March 25
- GYN Wind River Cancer Retreat King, NC April 7-8 (Wait List)
- Wind River Cancer Retreat - April 20-23 (Wait List)
- NC Survivor Summit - Raleigh, NC April 27-28
- Peter Mayer Wind River Fundraiser, Maggie Valley, NC April 28
- Gardening for Healthy Foods with Cheryl LeCroy - Email - Charlotte, NC May TBD
- Wind River Walk 2017 - May 20 - Sign Up
- Wind River Cancer Retreats - June 1-4 (Wait List)
Cancer Wellness Retreats
Love Walking in the Woods?
Our Cancer Retreats emphasize being active and playful, having creative time connecting with others, and healthy eating.
Our Retreats allow survivors to embrace hands-on opportunities and to:
Our retreats are aimed at men and women currently living with cancer, many with more advanced cancers. A majority of our spaces are allocated to residents of the Carolinas.
ALL CANCER TYPES are welcome and the average age of participants is between 29 - 55.
Please sign up for our newsletter.
Wind River provides an array of support to survivors including:
We are excited to partner with Cheryl LeCroy of Creative Juices Consulting on our Food for Healing, Rainbow Dinners, and Cancer Coaching!
More on our Outreach Programs:
"Life is not fair. What I learned at Wind River is to live in the moment and enjoy every second of life. That is getting me through these hard times... It has been two years now that you have been there for me. I can't thank you enough for helping me."
Sam, Age 33, Wind River Alum 2014
Stage IV Ewing Sarcoma Cancer Survivor
"My Wind River Retreat was an absolute magical experience rooted in authentic connections with authentic women living courageous lives through the experience of living with cancer. It was so healing! The atmosphere that Wind River retreat creates is one that allows space for so many complex emotions in the name of wellness, healing and moving forward in whatever way that means for each person that walks through their door, especially for me."
Erika, Age 44, Wind River Alum 2015
Stage IV Rectal Survivor