January - February Wind River Highlights
- Healing and Release Workshop with Maureen Marhayla (Charlotte, NC January 17th - Registration Required. Wait List Only)
- Sign Up for 2017 Wind River Walk - January 31st Kick-Off
- Healthy Foods Coaching (January - March with alumni Cheryl LeCroy - Email if interested)
- 24 Hours of Booty - 2017 Riders Wanted / Registration open on January 24th
- Wind River Cancer Retreats - Spring Retreat applications available as of February 1st
- Colon Cancer Support Group Workshop with Shannon of Wind River - Charlotte, NC Feburary 6th
- The Pink Lady's Nutrition Talk with Cheryl of Wind River - Rutherford, NC February 6th
- Stress Management Workshop for Lawyers & Paralegals - Mecklenburg County Bar - February 16th
- Wind River Dinner and Exit Strategy Night - Charlotte, February 16th
Cancer Wellness Retreats
Love Walking in the Woods?
Our Cancer Retreats emphasize being active and playful, having creative time connecting with others, and healthy eating.
Our Retreats allow survivors to embrace hands-on opportunities and to:
Our retreats are aimed at men and women currently living with cancer, many with more advanced cancers. A majority of our spaces are allocated to residents of the Carolinas.
ALL CANCER TYPES are welcome and the average age of participants is between 29 - 55.
Please sign up for our newsletter.
Wind River provides an array of support to survivors including:
We are excited to partner with Cheryl LeCroy of Creative Juices Consulting on our Food for Healing, Rainbow Dinners, and Cancer Coaching!
More on our Outreach Programs:
"Life is not fair. What I learned at Wind River is to live in the moment and enjoy every second of life. That is getting me through these hard times... It has been two years now that you have been there for me. I can't thank you enough for helping me."
Sam, Age 33, Wind River Alum 2014
Stage IV Ewing Sarcoma Cancer Survivor
"My Wind River Retreat was an absolute magical experience rooted in authentic connections with authentic women living courageous lives through the experience of living with cancer. It was so healing! The atmosphere that Wind River retreat creates is one that allows space for so many complex emotions in the name of wellness, healing and moving forward in whatever way that means for each person that walks through their door, especially for me."
Erika, Age 44, Wind River Alum 2015
Stage IV Rectal Survivor