Cauliflower florets cooked in chicken broth and then pureed until smooth make a healthier and delicious alternative to butter and cream loaded mashed potatoes.
Course Side Dish
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 to 6
Calories 33 kcal
- 2 small heads cauliflower cored and leaves removed and cut into small florets
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cauliflower and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender, but not completely falling apart.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower to a food processor and puree until silky smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan and chopped chives and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (4 g)
Calories 33 Calories / Fat 2g / Saturated Fat 1g / Cholesterol 6mg / Sodium 526mg / Potassium 94mg / Carbohydrates 1g / Sugar 1g / Protein 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.