Join us for a our first in person retreat and/or our virtual retreats this August! APPLY NOW
Wind River is bringing together a small group of lung cancer survivors from across NC for a chance to connect and share experiences, and also dive into rejuvenating wellness activities including Healing Touch (covid-safe!), Tai Chi, Nutrition Tips, Forest Bathing and meaningful connections with other lung cancer survivors!
August 7, 2021 -- An in person day of renewal and celebration with fellow survivors and the Wind River Team. Outdoor area in Charlotte NC. Required proof of covid vaccination for all. Friday night hotel option available for those that live too far away to enjoy this exciting day!
August 20 - 22, 2021 3-day Virtual Cancer Wellness Retreat
Filled with surprise nuggets of joy, with a mix of virtual interaction via Zoom and daily touch points with mentors and/or instructors by text, email and/or phone. Thursday and Friday activities will be in the evening to allow survivors to be able to work during the Retreat.
BONUS: August 10 – August 18, 2021. 1 hour Individual Healing Touch sessions- virtual by appointment.
What you need to know:
• You can participate in either the in-person day, the virtual retreat, or both. (We encourage both! ) The retreat programs are different for each experience.
• There is NO charge thanks to Lung Cancer Initiative of NC.
• Both retreat options (in person and virtual ) are open to lung cancer survivors in North Carolina. For the weekend virtual portion, all activities are via Zoom (over the internet)
• A wellness goody package with everything you will need for the retreat will be provided.
Lung cancer survivors in NC of all ethnicity, faith, and sexual orientations are welcome. We may not be able to accommodate everyone, but we do connect personally with everyone who applies! Participants will be capped at 16, so apply soon.
Give yourself 10 minutes to complete the application. Be sure to click the "SUBMIT" button at the bottom. (Required fields are marked with a red asterisk.)
Your host, Cheryl Lecroy and Wind River Team
* Wind River Wellness Retreats and The Lung Cancer Initiative of NC understands the severity of COVID-19. We are closely monitoring the latest developments related to the outbreak and responding accordingly. We will follow all guidelines from the CDC.
NO charge to survivors thanks to the Lung Cancer Initiative of NC!
So we invite you to carve out time for yourself during this week for the total experience.