... where everything went "up and down, sideways, slantways, and any other way you can think of” - Roald Dahl
In 2020 Wind River created 9 new programs to uplift and nourish our survivors and their families during one of the most challenging years in recent history. We are extremely grateful to our resilient wellness practitioners who stepped-up to make all of this possible. And thanks to our wonderful grantors and supporters, ALL PROGRAMS are still provided at no cost to survivors! Click here for pictures!
Major Retreat events this year:
- 21 day virtual, self-paced and interactive retreat with 68 participants (called "Wind River’s 21 Days of Magic Wellness Retreat".
- Interactive 10 day virtual Cancer Wellness Retreat for lung cancer survivors
- Interactive 7 day virtual Cancer Wellness Retreat for colon and other cancer survivors
- 15 weekend get-away retreat experiences for survivors, frontline health care workers, and their families
- 50+ days of opening the property for single day excursions for survivors and their families (called Wind River Forest Bathing)
Major Outreach Programs in 2020:
- Provided over 1000 hours of one-on-one Survivorship and Healthy Eating Coaching, interactive workshops in Cooking, Healing Arts, Drumming, Healing Touch, Restorative yoga, Tai Chi and more
- Created wellness oriented YouTube content including short Tai Chi videos, Sleep Support, Calming Meditations, etc. (some of which were translated into Spanish to support our Latina friends as well)
- Held on-site Family Mushroom Log Weekend (50 participants came to make and take home their own Shiitake mushroom logs and learn about their health benefits)
- Held 2020 Vision Board Workshop with Business (and Life) Coach Katie Mattson
- Distributed 140 face masks in April, many to stage IV survivors without access to one early during the pandemic
- Distributed “Baskets of Love” to 50 homes during the initial quarantine (volunteers delivered)
- Distributed Angel Funds to support survivors in distress due to Covid and/or treatments
- Provided Remote Healing Touch sessions for 25 survivors
- Managed Wind River Teams for 24 Foundation, Colon Cancer Coalition, and Pledge the Pink – all wonderful grant providers to Wind River
- Provided End-of-life support to alumni and their families
- Mailed 275 Holiday Packages filled with love and inspiration (through our holiday Angel gift exchange and holiday art giving programs)
- In January, held our annual Candle Lighting Ceremony to honor and remember those we have lost, but who will forever remain in our hearts.