24 Hours of Booty (the 24 hour cycling event that raises funds for various survivorship programs) was certainly different this year! With no way to gather in person Booty went "unlooped" and we are proud to say our Wind River team came in 9th place raising a total of $14,355 raised for 24 Foundation! Our team was 33 people strong with 23 of them being SURVIVORS and many of those in treatment!
Each team member choose their own "24 themed" activity and were very creative since many were survivors and not able to do some of the more traditional forms of exercise:
- 24 laps around a labyrinth in the woods
- 24 consecutive times jumping rope (in treatments - stage IV breast cancer)
- 2 hours and 4 minutes of hiking with a 24 pound backpack
- 24 laps in a neighbor's pool
- 24 minute meditation
- made 24 masks to give to survivors
- 24 original Art Work
- 2 hours and 4 minutes of a VR game
- sang star-spangled banner for opening ceremony
- push-ups, biking, walking running,
..... You get the picture!!!
We couldn't be prouder of our entire 2020 team including Rob & Lauren & James, our first Wind River/24 couple with the first Wind River baby!