CANCER WELLNESS RETREATS
- Five multi-day Cancer Wellness Retreats (8 - 18 survivors)
- 1st Colon Survivor and Caregiver Retreat (18 participants)
- Alumni Mini-Reunion Retreat (21 survivors and family members)
- 20 days of "Survivor Get-Aways" at Wind River for survivors and their families
- One-on-One Survivorship Coaching (600+ hours)
- Survivor Workshops on Reducing Stress, Yoga, and Eating for Health (90+ participants)
- Wind River Meet Up Program (new this fall) in Charlotte, Asheville and Tryon area. Kicked off with Conservation Movie Night at Sierra Nevada Brewery and Grape Harvesting at Over Mountain Vineyard, followed by Dinner and a Movie in Charlotte on Women's Body Image, and Farewell Bash at the Double Door. (200+ participants)
- Survivor Outreach trips to Tennessee, Washington DC, Asheville, Hickory, Charlotte, Murphy, Greenville (SC) and more.
- Nutrition Outreach: Through a negotiated discount program, 23 survivors purchased Vitamix machines at cost; in addition Wind River provided individual nutrition coaching to each person.
- Wind River's Survivor Resource Page with over 150 resources and ideas for survivors
- Produced an online survey with excellent response rates which is being used to help plan the new Wind River Meet Up programs
VOLUNTEER SUPPORT & OTHER GREAT EVENTS
- Tom Sawyer Days - Multiple volunteer groups logged over 200 volunteer hours supporting Wind River.
- 4th Annual Wind River Survivor Family Day & Fundraiser Walk - 90 participants
- Survivor Booth at 24 Hours of Booty, Charlotte Cycling event - serving over 1,000 cyclists our Wind River Smoothies!
- Get Your Rear in Gear, Colon Cancer Coalition Survivor Walk
- Music Benefit for Wind River with Peter Mayer and Friends in Maggie Valley, NC, and also two benefits at the Double Door Inn in Charlotte.
- 2nd Annual Breast Fest benefit at Haylo's Healing Arts Lounge in Charlotte.
- 2016 SHIFT CHARLOTTE MC (Mind-Body-Spirit-Wellness Conference attended by over 500 people). Each year Wind River also receives a number of comp survivor tickets from the organizer and uses the event as a meet up opportunity.
- Created ceiling mural (20 ft by 20 ft) in Yoga & Music Studio.
- Built new parking area for better access for those with neuropathy and stability issues.
- Finished 140 foot long stone wall with stairs around the creek cabin for flash-flood protection.