"I spent the last four days in this magical place re-energizing
my mind, body and soul."
The Wind River Team is proud to have provided a variety of multi-day and single day Cancer Wellness Retreats, personal survivor-family getaways, peer cancer coaching, workshops, meet ups and end of life support in 2019, at no cost to survivors! Highlights included:
- 6 multi-day Cancer Wellness Retreats supporting survivors with an variety of types of cancer - colon, rectal, lymphoma, leukemia, lung, pancreatic, ovarian, cervical, uterine and breast*.
- 10 Wellness Wednesdays for survivors, caregivers and health care practitioners (new program this year)
- 2 Healing Touch Certification Retreats for survivors
- Helping with the launch of a Young Colon Survivor Group in Charlotte
- over 800+ hours of one-on-one Survivorship and Healthy Eating Coaching
- End-of-life support to alumni and their families
- Numerous meet-ups and survivor gatherings
- Hosting our 3rd Holiday Angel Program with over 170 angels
- Distributed relaxation CDs (and downloads) free of charge to survivors and caregivers
- Annual Candle Lighting Ceremony
* In 2019 64% of our survivors were living with Stage III or Stage IV cancers.
We also enjoyed being a part of the following survivor related events:
- 24 Hours of Booty Cycling Event
- Get Your Rear in Gear Run
- Lunge Forward Walk
- Shift Charlotte Immersion (Mind-Body-Wellness Event)